Please refer to the "Frequently Asked Questions" link below should you have any issues. If you need additional assistance, please contact Kara McCullough at email@example.com or 216-621-2901.
All applications must be submitted online. Before beginning your application, please review these steps.
STEP 1: Check your eligibility. Your organization or your program must:
- be consistent with one of our focus areas
- be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
- be based in Northeast Ohio and have a significant impact on Cuyahoga County
(Proposals from organizations located outside of the region will be considered only if invited by a Trustee.)
- have submitted an interim or final report on any previous grants before a new request can be considered
STEP 2: See what information you will need.
STEP 3: Begin your online application.
- FOR FIRST TIME USERS: Click on Start a New Application above. At the Sign-In page you should select new online applicant. As a new user, enter your email address and a password. PLEASE NOTE: the email address and password you choose is for your organization and not you as an individual. The email and password will enable you and other staff members to save and return to an application and it will be used to complete the grant report form if a grant is awarded. In addition, every application and report that your organization submits, from this point on, will be accessible by using this email address and password. If you outsource your grant writing, set up your sign-in and provide the grant writer with access to your account. The contract grant writer should never use your organizations sign-in account for other organizations' applications. The same email address cannot be used for more than one organization. You will be prompted to enter your organization's taxpayer identification number. The Tax ID will be checked against the IRS database. PLEASE NOTE: If you are working with a fiscal sponsor, please contact our office before proceeding. Next you will complete an Eligibility Quiz.
- FOR RETURNING USERS: If you do not remember your password, please select the "Forgot Password?" link underneath the log-in button.
Step 4: Complete and submit the online application. When you click submit you will receive an email confirmation that we have received your application. PLEASE NOTE: Do not mail a duplicate hard copy of the application or any uploaded attachments.
The Board of Trustees meets 3 times a year to consider applications and award grants. In order to allow ample time for the Trustees to review each request thoroughly, the following schedule has been adopted:
Please note: From time to time the application may be updated; therefore, the online application will be available one month prior to the stated deadlines.
|November 1st||December 1st
|April 1st||May 1st
|August 1st||September 1st||November|
The proposal must be submitted by end of the day, on the due date, regardless of day of the week.
The staff of the Abington Foundation are available to discuss application procedures. As part of the review process, they often make site visits to requesting organizations. They also reserve the right to contact other funders and professionals in the field regarding the grant applicants under review.
Cristin Slesh, Consultant
The Abington Foundation
c/o Foundation Management Services
1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 966
Cleveland, OH 44115-1952
Phone: 216-621-2901 Fax: 216-621-8198
To conserve your costs and the environment, please do not send us more than one copy of newsletters, invitations, annual reports or other mailings. We prefer to receive any printed material as a pdf attachment to an e-mail.