Please contact Kara McCullough at email@example.com or 216-621-2901 should you need any assistance.
All applications must be submitted online. Before beginning your application, please review these steps.
STEP 1: Check your eligibility. Your organization or your program must:be consistent with one of our focus areas (see our Grant Guidelines)
- be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
- be located in Cuyahoga County and your services and facilities primarily serve residents of the City of Cleveland
- have submitted an interim or final report on any previous grants before a new request can be considered
STEP 2: See what information you will need.
STEP 3: Begin your online application.
FOR FIRST TIME USERS
- Review Eligibility, Guidelines & Deadlines above.
- Create an account. Access the online grant application here
- Select one login email address/password to be used for all your submissions.
- Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for the grant administration. Thomas H. White Foundation will communicate all pertinent information to this email address.
- PLEASE NOTE: the email address and password you choose is for your organization and not you as an individual. The email and password will enable you and other staff members to save and return to an application, and it will be used to complete the grant report form if a grant is awarded. In addition, every application and report that your organization submits, from this point on, will be accessible by using this email address and password.
- If you outsource your grant writing, set up your sign-in and provide the grant writer with access to your account. The contract grant writer should never use your organizations sign-in account for other organizations' applications. The same email address cannot be used for more than one organization.
- Select "Thomas H. White Foundation" from the list of available processes in the system.
- If you still have questions about how to create a new user account, please view this helpful tutorial.
- Begin your application.
STEP 4: Complete and submit the online application.
- When you click submit you will receive an email confirmation that we have received your application. PLEASE NOTE: Do not mail a duplicate hard copy of the application or any uploaded attachments
- If you have any questions, please view this helpful tutorial on how to complete an application.
STEP 5: Thomas H. White Foundation will review your application. Your grant application is reviewed by staff and the Discretionary Charitable Trust Committee. During this process, our staff may contact you for more information.
STEP 6: Final grant decisions are made. You will be notified within two weeks of the Discretionary Charitable Trust Committee Meeting by mail if your organization received funding or in some cases, if funding has been denied. The meeting schedule is listed below.
FOR RETURNING USERS
If you previously created an account, and you are ready to submit another application, click here to log-in and select "Thomas H. White Foundation" to begin an application.
The Discretionary Charitable Trust Committee Members meet 3 times a year to consider applications and award grants. In order to allow ample time for the Discretionary Charitable Committee Members to review each request thoroughly, the following schedule has been adopted:
Please note: From time to time the application may be updated; therefore, the online application will be available one month prior to the stated deadlines.
Proposals must be submitted on the due date by end of day.
RELEASE OF GRANT FUNDS: No grant is final until 501(c)(3) status is confirmed and the grantee meets other identification and regulatory standards
The Thomas H. White Foundation is staffed by Foundation Management Services, a grants management and advisory firm serving private foundations in Greater Cleveland, promoting effective philanthropy and collaborative funding partnerships. Applicants are encouraged to contact our office for further clarification of the Foundation's grantmaking policies. As part of the review process, staff often make site visits to requesting organizations. They also reserve the right to contact other funders and professionals in the field regarding the grant applicants under review.
Thomas H. White Foundation
c/o Foundation Management Services
1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 966
Cleveland, OH 44115-1952
Phone: (216) 621-2901
To conserve your costs and the environment, please do not send us more than one copy of newsletters, invitations, annual reports or other mailings. We prefer to receive any printed material as a .pdf attachment to an e-mail.